Thursday 25 September 2014

Reflective Analysis

Fraser McKean
AS Film
Reflective Analysis


The intention that I tried to achieve in the production and capture of my film was to present a genre that was related to the drama side, I did this by not exploring a comedic section or a violent section, the entire film is up to the viewer's interpretation for their own enjoyment, this makes for a much more artistic and experimental film that has succeeded in the past. However, the desired required audience was sixteen to twenty-four years old of both genders within the socio-economic grouping of D, this is the desire due to the class of that subject is more open to different interpretations of filmography.

There were several convention in our short, dramatic film, such as tense non-diegetic music, that when listening to this made me feel on-edge and eager to find out what was going on in the scene, this is achieved by overlaying a heartbeat sound bite and an orchestra arrangement with compelling, dark themes that accompanied the scene at hand.
During the climax of our twenty-one second film, I added a black and white filter to a section of the film lasting roughly four to five seconds, this promoted tension and related to the genre that I was trying to accomplish.

I have chosen this film to be certified a PG, this is due to the lack of violence or adult themes, but I feel as though the film would be wasted upon a U status in where children could watch but not have any understanding of the scene or context.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home